- 3 medium Potatoes
- chilli powder (optional)
- cumin seeds
- lemon juice
- 1 tomato ( i prefer to use 7 cherry tomatoes or you can use 2 large)
- cucumber (my twist)
- red and white onion ( 1 red 1 white)
- mango powder (optional)
- ice cube lettuce ( my twist)
- vegetable oil
- large bowl
1) Firstly chop up your potatoes into small pieces (preheat your oven to medium temperature), normally these are fried in oil, but as we are trying to keep this healthy we will be using the oven.
2) Once you have chopped your potatoes , pop them in the oven on medium temperature (every oven is different so can not give specifics ) Drizzle with oil (remember use a oven proof dish). While you wait for them too cook which should be when they are golden brown and soft inside, should take 15 minutes but depends on how big you have cut them and also your oven. Now to the vegetables, finally chop up your tomatoes, cucumbers and onions and pop them into the large bowl.
3) Once your potatoes are nice and golden brown and cooked, add them to the bowl.
4) Now to add the spices, firstly add some salt (up to you how much ), lemon, mango powder, pepper , chilli (up to you how much) and cumin. ( you can fry the cumin in a pan to release the flavour but since we are trying not to fry anything lets not)
5) Then, mix all the ingredients and taste if anything is needed.
6) Finally pop them onto some Ice cube lettuce and they are ready to eat!