( meal for 5 actually)
- Organic Chicken/pork/lamb or beef mince meat of your choice ( amount is up to how many your feeding)
- salt ( reduce salt as i do if you have high blood pressure)
- basil ( works great with tomato)
- organic tomato tins ( you can have plum, or chopped )
- Onions ( i used 5 small ones , or 3 big ones or 4 medium ones)
- balsamic vinegar and malt vinegar
- pinch of sugar for taste ( this is optimal)
- low fat cheese (optional, my brother loves this one)
- Oil ( i use vegetable oil )
- Pasta (spaghetti, penne,)
- chili ( this is optional )
- 2 pots
- plate and fork
- oven proof dish ( if you want your cheese melted )
1) Heat up a pan with a few drops of oil, chop up your onions into thin slices, and pop them into the pan. Keep the gas on high as we want to brown them, but keep watch so they do not burn.
2) While your onions begin to get brown, chop up some garlic ( two cloves) and add them to the pot,lowering your heat so they do not burn.
3) Wait till your onions have turned brown and reduced ( caramelized for that sweet taste).
4) Now add your mince meat and mix, depending on your meat cook appropriately, i cooked pork mince for 30 minutes, at high first to give it a nice brown color then lowering the gas.
5) Cook until your meat is nice and browned and fully cooked ( taste if needed)
8) Once you have mixed your tomato's and let it simmer on low heat for 20 minutes the color should change to a darker deep red as the picture shows.
9)Your pasta should be cooked , make sure you can easily break it with your fingers, then mix this into the pasta, you can add more salt add you have added pasta if needed, and it should be ready to serve. Taste to check if anything more is needed and your good to go. If you are adding cheese, sprinkle onto your pasta and put it into a oven proof dish leave for 5 minutes on high ( please watch it ) and enjoy once the cheese is nice and brown!
Final result and enjoy , leave any comments below if you have tried the recipe thank you.
Big thank you tohttps://plus.google.com/u/0/114493083154627094581/posts ( Kristjan zelko ) For trying out my recipe and enjoying it with the family!